[these pictures were taken in 2004 during our trip to Italy]
As some of you know, my dear friend Antonio Nitto passed away this last week at the young age of 43. A few friends in Italy asked if I had any recent photos that I might be able to send or post on this blog. I met Antonio on my church mission to southern Italy where he lived in the town of Siracusa. Although I met many wonderful people on my mission, Antonio always felt like a brother to me. In fact, when I returned from my mission I sent my CTR ring back to Antonio with the inscription "Fratello Eterno" or "Eternal Brother."
During my stay in Siracusa he would oftentimes take us out for pizza or gelato when we needed a little encouragement or were feeling homesick. My fondest memories of Antonio were how he treated his friends and how he cared for his mother. His dream was always to come to America and work... hoping someday to live here permanently. Unfortunately, this dream was never realized but Antonio continued his commitment to friends and family until his passing.
For the love he showed to Heavenly Father's children and servants in the mission field, I am faithful that Antonio and our elder brother Jesus Christ, have shared a warm embrace and that we will share our lives again with him soon.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Antonio
Posted by The Staffieri Family at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Antonio. He seemed like a great friend and person. That was such a nice tribute to him. I'm sure he'll be missed.
So sorry to hear about the friend! That's so sad.
Chels, I just wanted to give you a shout out. Lovin the blog! You know I'll be on here all the time checkin out all these cute pictures of your adorable kids! Good to see you guys this week.
That is way too young to pass on. My condolences.
Chelsea, I'm sure you'll be still in CA, but I wanted to tell you about the 10 year Jerusalem reunion here in Sandy on Oct. 2nd. If you needed to come to Utah for any reason...
Let me at least know your contact info so I can update everyone else--if that's okay!
byutaylor {at} comcast {dot} net
Post a Comment