Newborn + Beginning of Summer + 2 other kids = Craziness!
Anyone thinking of having a baby at the beginning of the summer, think again. I have realized that these past few weeks I have been running in "survival mode." And I am barely surviving! Having a new baby around is the easy part. He has been such a great baby. It is entertaining a 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old all day long while having a new baby around that I am struggling with. The first two weeks weren't bad because I had a lot of help and the kids were in camp and then up in Newport. This week was our first week on our own and even though I thought we stayed pretty busy, there still was a lot of down time at home which led to a lot of chaos. Hopefully the next month and a half of summer will go better than the first couple of weeks! Here is a little highlight of our week......
We gave Davey his first bottle and each kid got a turn feeding him. He loved it!
We went up to Ashley's and played at the Ladera Ranch waterpark
We spent an evening at SeaWorld with cousins
Davey slept through most of it!
Davey went to his first Padres game!
We went with our friends Mike and Megan. It was a great game - $1 Hot Dogs and Drinks and the Padres pulled off a win!
This was the scene at 11:00pm - Ellie woke up when we got home and Matt let her hang out on the couch with him. She is such a daddy's girl!!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
"Survival Mode"
Posted by The Staffieri Family at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Chelsea,
Whats up...my wife got on Brams blog and I saw your name...its been a long time...looks like your doing great. Take care.
Drew Brooks
I can't even imagine how hard that would be! Hang in there...summers half done! Ellie looks like a natural. Love the pictures! We can't wait to go to baseball games with you guys.
Sounds like you are doing a lot. Survival Mode makes me nervous. Chris enjoyed the dollar dogs at the pads game too. I think he had three. Found out the baby is breech and trying to turn him naturally. Any stories or advice? Can't wait to see Davey one day.
Busy you are! But looks like you continue to have fun. So great little Davey took a bottle so easy. Your lovin it!
Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel! Dylan was born in July and it was just crazy trying to entertain my girls with a newborn.
SO TIRING.
Hang in there. He is SO cute!!
Hi Chelsea!
I found your blog thru an AZ friend who had your sister-in-law's blog link, and then I clicked on hers and found yours! Congrats on the new baby. With three I definitely needed some extra hands when all the help went home!
Rinna Harris (from your old BYU 109th ward)
I so understand what you are going through. Max is 3 and a half months old and it's still hard to deal with him while entertaining the other two ALL DAY long. I'm seriously counting down to when school starts again!
Having a third hasn't slowed you done. Looks like you guys are having such a fun summer. That water park looks fun. I am sad there is not one in Temecula. Whenever Madison is asked about her favorite place it is always Seven Peaks Water Park in Utah. Go figure.
Post a Comment